My Blog group

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Graphic anti-abortion ads air on Washington stations

This week for my blog post I choose to write about graphic anti-abortion being aired in Washington Dc. A disturbingly graphic political ad is airing on local stations in Washington this week -- and stations are telling viewers there's nothing they can do to prevent it. The ad, calling for an end to abortion, apparently shows bloody and dismembered fetuses, and has been airing over the past few days in the nation's capital, including during afternoon and early-evening time slots, when children are likely to be watching. Dugald McConnell and Brain Todd who work CNN reported this story.
My feelings on this are it shouldn’t be shown in the daytime children watching Sesame Street shouldn’t have to see such graphic images. I know it’s not against the law but let’s use some common sense people. I think abortion is a touchy subject which can be argued in both ways. I think No, the truth should be ignored but maybe air the commercial after 9pm. I think abortion shouldn’t be against the law it’s the mothers choice in the end which affects the rest of her life. It’s actually an issue I don’t like to discuss, since most people are so one sided about the issue.

2 comments:

  1. This is disgusting. People need to think before they do things. Those should not be shown when children are watching. I agree that abortion is a touchy subject. People have strong views both ways. I am really glad that I don't have to watch these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. that is far to graphic for young children to be watching. It is a very touchy topic and I am not supporting it, but If that is what the mother wants its her choice.

    ReplyDelete