My Blog group

Thursday, November 4, 2010

More than 20 tons of pot smuggled in border tunnel

More than 20 tons of pot smuggled in border tunnel

Every week when I post my weekly blog post for class I look on websites such as CNN, MSNBC or sometimes the La Crosse Tribune. Every week I always see the same thing “More than 20 tons of pot smuggled in border tunnel”.  Sometimes maybe more or less pot being smuggled and I think to myself does this really happen every week in the bordering states to Mexico?

“Officials have found 125 underground tunnels along the border built by Mexican drug cartels to elude detection since the early 1990s”, ICE officials said. The cartels will always keep building more every time we find just one. I get the whole war on drugs thing I do, but I feel maybe pot shouldn’t be our biggest drug we put all of our time and effort on. I understand that yes drugs do lead to violence. I give a lot of credit to those who work in law enforcement and border patrol they don’t have any easy job and they are trying the best they can to I’m not here to cut them down, but I feel like something isn’t working.
With the Technology we have today and the money these cartels have it’s as maybe we can’t win the war on drugs or I could be totally wrong. Legalizing Marijuana is a another topic in itself I don’t think all the states would agree on but, I think if maybe California tried it and for a couple of years and weighed the good and bad and look at the results maybe they would find something they didn’t know. I don’t make rules and I don’t make the laws I just think it’s time for a chance and to look down some different avenues.

3 comments:

  1. My feelings are mixed on this subject. I think all drugs are wrong. And marijuana is a very controversial drug. But the amount of all illegal drugs that are smuggled into the U.S. daily is appalling. But can we stop it? i don't think that it will ever stop. They get rid of one and two more pop up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with denise. I personally think marijuana shouldn't be legalized. The smuggling of drugs has become so popular, but needs to be stopped

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the newest member to your tightly-knit blog group, I will tread carefully here, as I have a strong opinion on this subject.

    Drugs are a slippery slope. If you say that dope is OK, then what? Where do you draw the line? Pot is so often laced with other drugs, such as heroin, coke, and acid. If pot became legal, that would open the door to other worse things.

    ReplyDelete