My Blog group

Thursday, November 18, 2010

China sentences woman to labor camp for Twitter post

China sentences woman to labor camp for Twitter post

This week my blog posting I choose to write about a Chinese woman who tweeted about mocking Chinese protesters who smashed Japanese products during a recent demonstration. Five days later she was arrested by the police and sentenced to a year a Chinese labor camp for her twitter post. She also supported imprisoned Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Liu Xiaobo on Twitter.
I believe this is a bit extreme since Twitter is for expressing what is on your mind or what you are doing. I do think people need to be careful of what they do post on Twitter or anything on the web. There has been so much stuff on the news about people’s postings and then they get in trouble for how they feel. I think that common sense plays a big role in this also. You don’t need to post things that are against your government or anything that’s going to incriminate you in anyway.  This woman’s charge was disturbing social stability. Yes she probably shouldn’t have tweeted what she did but, china is a different government then the United States.

2 comments:

  1. China is a crazy country. But what was she thinking? She knew chinas government is crazy. She probably shouldn't have tempted her government.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that she was not very smart doing that, knowing that her country is so strict. I bet if she could do it again she would think twice.

    ReplyDelete