My Blog group

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Obama signs child nutrition bill

For this blog Entry I’m writing about President Barack Obama signing a sweeping overhaul of child nutrition standards Monday, enacting a law meant to encourage better eating habits in part by giving the federal government more authority to set standards for food sold in vending machines and elsewhere on school grounds. The $4.5 billion measure provides more money to poor areas to subsidize free meals and requires schools to abide by health guidelines drafted by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
I think this is a really great idea since nutrition is really important. I remember when I was in middle and high school and there was always a ton of junk food in the lunch room. I mean they served pizza everyday as a chose. As I got older I now really think we should get the junk food out of the schools. The obesity rate is so high anyways and healthy food can be as tasty as junk food. So I defiantly agree with President Barack Obama on this one.  
Senate could vote today on tax deal

No comments:

Post a Comment