My Blog group

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Geese, cookies and iPods: Try buying gifts that give back

Geese, cookies and iPods: Try buying gifts that give back

For my blog post and it the season for giving I’m choosing to write about If you want to feel twice as nice about holiday gift giving, try donating to a charity. About half of American adults say they will give money to charity this holiday, an increase from 29 percent in 2009, according to a November study from  world vision, a Christian humanitarian organization. The survey was conducted by Harris Interactive, a polling company.
I think that giving back at the holidays is huge. My family and I also do donate to charities in town here. I donate my old clothing to goodwill and try to help families with kids who maybe don’t get to have Christmas like I’ve always gotten. I’m truly blessed by all the things I have and feel very lucky. So I always try to give back an anyway possible. I’ve donated a lot of my old toys and my brother’s old toys. Maybe when he gets a little older he will understand what where I’m coming from. I also believe that some of the best gifts don’t have to cost money. Even helping families with everyday tasks or anything they need is much more rewarding then just buying something.



Since 2005, Global Goods Partners has worked with artists around the world to sell their crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment